Sunday, July 8, 2012

Minimalist Running Update

The minimalist running craze has certainly taken off.

I have not taken it up, although it certainly is a topic of conversation among my running friends. Both pro and con points are made about it.  While I've had one friend tell me she wanted to try it, but struggled after taking it up again following a break during pregnancy, I've had other friends tell me they are fans.

My own personal opinion is that you need something substantive to help cushion the blow of pressure you place on your lower extremities when you run. However, I did run across an article on the KMOX/CBS Radio website that offers more information about minimalist running.

Enough people do it and the products available to support it are plentiful.  That probably means it's right for some.  But only you can answer whether it's right for you.

No comments: