Monday, November 22, 2010

Running Better When You Run Long


Let's face it - those long runs can REALLY drag you down.

Running long runs can often become a grind that makes us less enthusiastic about the weekend's "big one". I'm a little unusual as I am always looking forward to my Saturday long runs. I view it as a highlight of my week mainly because I run with people with whom I enjoy running or I know I'm going to get some valuable thinking time to myself.

However, if you're looking to make your longs more interesting or make them an opportunity to improve your pace, you need to read this Runners World article from Bob Cooper.

Using "slow and steady", "progression" and "dress rehearsal" strategies as Cooper calls them, you can improve your pace for the next event. Try one of these approaches on your next long one.

No comments: