Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Can't Decide On A Race


It's less than five weeks until the Des Moines Marathon.

I guess I'd better get my act together and decide if I'm going to run this race. Don't kid yourself . . . I'm not going to do the marathon, but the half-marathon is a definite possibility. I have certainly put enough miles in.

Have you ever faced the dilemma as to whether or not you think you should participate in an event or not? Quite honestly, there isn't any reason for me to turn down this race. I'm feeling good following my main goal of the year -- completion of the Hy-Vee Triathlon.

My feeling is if you can't find a good reason not to do an event, then why not?

Post your comments. I'm interested to know the decision making process people use to determine whether or not to do an event.

1 comment:

Anne said...

You're very fortunate that you still have time to decide. I have found with the rise of runners and races and especially Web-based registrations, half marathons fill months before the actual event. This means you fork over a lot of money and then pray you aren't injured by the time race day rolls around. Or your best friend doesn't pick that weekend to get married.