Sunday, February 10, 2013

Celebrating Running

It's pretty cool to have been able to run for many years.
For me, I just celebrated 15 years of consistent running - among other activities, of course.  Also taking some breaks for injuries, of course too.  This post from the Run DMZ blog on celebrating 20 years of road races made think back and reflect on my running over the past several years.

At times, it has not been easy.  My share of knee issues sometimes keeps me on the sidelines.  However, those injuries have taught me the benefit of just enjoying running as opposed to trying to be so competitive.  My hope is that I will enjoy the sport of running a lot longer taking this attitude.

In any event, take a moment to celebrate your running . . . or any other physical activity you choose to enjoy.

No comments: