Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Vegetarian Cooking


I recently attended a program with my Rotary group that featured one of our members highlighting the benefits of vegetarian diets.

With young children and because I enjoy meat too much, I have found it hard to go completely meat-free. However, I do make a strong effort to eat healthy and naturally. The program I attended confirmed for me that there are some pretty easy things you can do to improve your diet.

First and foremost - we can easily cut down on the amount of processed foods we consume. Think about how easy it is -- and how healthy it is - to eat raw foods that are good for you and tasty. Fruits and vegetables are limitless.

Check out this post from the Go The Distance blog. The author recently attended a vegan cooking class and learned some of the same things I did. I'm not saying we all need to be vegans or vegetarians, but there are some healthy things we can learn from their habits.

1 comment:

trihrdrgrl said...

interested in this article but the link didnt work.