Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sitting Around Won't Get You Very Far


Have you ever sat around on a Sunday afternoon . . . only to feel exhausted afterward?

I can't speak for everyone, but not doing anything is difficult for me. Exercise, movement and activity inspire health and energy for me. This post from the Shut Up and Run blog aspires to making this point.

Sitting around tends to make one tired and lose energy, whereas activity tends to boost your energy and provide your muscles with needed activity. I don't know about you, but I get stiff when I'm not active as well.

Get up and get your body moving. You can start by forcing yourself to walk a little further at least four times a week. This is so easy, it can be done during your work day. Simply park further away from your entrance, take the stairs or walk around your office at lunch time. These are simple ways to get yourself moving.

No comments: