Sunday, October 19, 2008

End Of An Era As West Des Moines Packers Finish With Win


What memories I will now have as I assisted in coaching my son Jay’s last youth league football game!

A bit bittersweet, yet extremely satisfying was our win over the Ames Bears 20-0. Jay scored his last touchdown and an extra point. Hopefully, next year Jay will go on to success playing in his junior high school football program.

It’s extremely gratifying to have had the opportunity to be at “ground level” watching your oldest child move through development in youth football. Perhaps even more satisfying is knowing you’ve played a role in the growth of several other young men as well. I have great anticipation for the academic and athletic success of the players we’ve coached on our West Des Moines Packers’ team.

I’m sure I’ll find another endeavor to fill the void of time left without three weekly practices along with games next fall, but I know I will miss the experience.


I certainly encourage others to volunteer for this experience. You won't be sorry you did!

No comments: