Saturday, December 5, 2009

A Day In My Fitness Life

I’ve discovered there are some people who exist who are even sicker than me.

Hard to believe, but the folks who want to hear about my workout life I thought really may need to have a checkup. However, I’ve continued to hear requests about laying out what I typically do in my daily workout routines.

Well, here it goes. Love it or leave it. This is my little world.

Four to five days a week, I usually start at 3:45 to 4 a.m. with stretching and warm up for about 20 to 25 minutes. Then it’s off to run, swim, bike, lift weights or participate in a group fitness activity at my health club. Sometimes, I will do these activities at my gym and sometimes not. It just depends on what I have scheduled for the day. Prior to heading to my main activity, I have to stop at the local Kum and Go store for a quick jolt of coffee, the daily news and conversation with the “regulars” assembled at that time of day.

By 5:15 a.m., I’m generally fully engaged in the activity of the day. I may just do one activity, depending on the time that I have scheduled for the day. However, I might supplement my workout with some weights or other resistance exercise.

I try to have one pretty light day and one day of rest. Additionally, there may be days where I will do resistance exercises or swimming during my lunch hour. When I’m in full training mode, I may have some evening workouts planned too, but I try to minimize those with my family’s busy schedule.

That’s it! Pretty boring perhaps. However, I’ve found myself in a groove that serves me well, so I try to stick to it!

No comments: