Sunday, March 7, 2010

Check Out These Workouts

I'm not sure how many of you read the Wall Street Journal.

I don't see many of my local readers whom I know picking up the Journal for a bit of light reading. So I hope that it's helpful when I share an interesting one of their "What's Your Workout" features. The stories appear on Tuesdays and are written by a variety of contributors. The object is to highlight what busy business folks are doing to keep themselves fit in exercise, diet, gear and music (usually in high-brow places like Manhattan!).

Recently Journal writer Jen Murphy profiled author Marci Shimoff and her use of Zumba and Qigong. These are both studio-based workouts that Shimoff says burn a lot of energy "without feeling like exercise". Check it out - http://tinyurl.com/yl8lsd9.

She often doesn't have much time to work out, so she says they are more convenient forms of fitness.

I don't make this stuff up, but I do pass it along with the hope that some of you may find it useful and/or interesting!

No comments: