Saturday, September 4, 2010

Getting Up To Exercise In The Morning


For those of you who know me, you know my workout routine is morning-based. That's the best time of day for me!

I exercise in the morning for a variety of reasons. I feel better, I gain a sense of accomplishment, it's better for my schedule and I just enjoy that early part of the day for exercise.

However, I know many people struggle making that transition to an early morning exercise schedule. If you're considering a move in this direction, then read this post from the Carrots 'N Cake blog.

Tina offers some great strategies for helping you get motivated for morning workouts. Two that she mentions really help me -- get everything ready the previous night and prepare yourself mentally for that morning exercise the next day.

If your schedule could really benefit from moving your exercise time to the early part of the day, then consult this post prior to making your move.

1 comment:

Kenley said...

I am usually a morning person after I am up for about 2-3 hours or so. I take time to hydrate, fuel, empty out, and so on before I do my thing. Cool post.