Monday, November 17, 2008

Need Coaching Topics!

I haven’t written much about any coaching topics and that bothers me.

Of course, this is my “off season” time of year. But that doesn’t mean I’m not thinking ahead to baseball season.

If you have any coaching topics you would like me to address, please leave a comment and I’ll do my best to write about it. You may also e-mail me at jghrdlicka@mchsi.com. I will be writing about volunteering again as Holiday Park Baseball Club will be running ads in the Des Moines Register to recruit coaches and volunteers in December. We will be offering a discount for “early-bird” registration through Jan. 1, 2009. Check it out at http://www.wdmbaseball.com/.

This is a perfect time of year to think about volunteering for a spring or summer youth athletic program. Check with your local youth baseball or softball league organization. This is also a perfect time to consider volunteering for youth basketball or soccer. Many local YMCA programs conduct spring soccer and basketball programs. This is a perfect way for you and your child to become involved in organized youth sports’ activities.

Youth athletic programs as SO much in need of quality volunteers. Consider becoming a part of this rewarding experience.

I will get back to writing about winter fitness, but I'll break things up with some other topics as well. Additionally, I'll be taking some time off this weekend due to a trip and later the following week for Thanksgiving.

No comments: