Monday, February 9, 2009

Not Too Late To Get Fit For New Year

Well, I'm back. Just needed a few days away from the blog.

It’s hard to believe, but January has past. Gone. History. January 2009 is nothing more than the past now.

So, maybe you’re thinking, “Geez, I just couldn’t get my butt in gear and join a health club the way I had planned.” Or perhaps the mantra is a little more like, “I just ignored that New Year’s resolution of using the treadmill four times a week.”

No fear. It’s really not too late. It’s NEVER too late to start a fitness program, lose weight or just get yourself back into shape. In the immortal words of my favorite fitness brand, “Just do it!”

Maybe you need a little nudge.

If it helps, many health clubs are still offering incentives for membership in the new year. I know my health club is still offering its “no initiation fee” special. Check it out at http://www.prairielife.com/. When I attended the Iowa Energy basketball game the other night, the Gold’s Gym folks were giving away all types of membership-related prizes. They also have some other promotions available that you can check out at http://www.goldsgym.com/.

So even though your lazy, bad self didn’t get moving in January, there’s plenty of incentive available for starting NOW!

1 comment:

Sara said...

You are right on with this, Joe! It is never too late to start or try something new.

I am also learning it is fine to take time off as sickness and family constraints come up.

Just make it a goal to be active every day. Something active. Every day. That is manageable.