Sunday, August 2, 2009

Remember To Rest Your Body

As I wrapped up a busy tri training season today, I found myself looking forward to some much-needed rest.

Perhaps I should not have even entered the Big Creek Triathlon as I caught myself thinking that I may have overdone things a little bit this year with three events. In any case, it’s done and I survived.

However, I don’t think I’ve ever been more excited about getting some rest here over the next couple of weeks. Going back to getting started with tri training back in January, I’m just tired!

Rest is so important to training. This post by trainer Thomas Tadlock is a great reminder about why rest is critical to effective training - http://tinyurl.com/n4nneu.

So, as I contemplate my next event (this probably won’t last too long), I’m going to take a little time off!

No comments: