Thursday, January 22, 2009

Programming A Playlist For Your Ipod

I ran across the following post - http://www.dailyspark.com/ about programming music for motivation
on your Ipod -http://tinyurl.com/bkewqh.

If you haven’t taken time to learn more about using Itunes and an Ipod, you should. It’s a great way to provide yourself an edge of motivation in your training efforts. Whenever I hear a new song that really gets me moving, it provides for a great opportunity to build a new “playlist” around that song.

It’s also a good idea to utilize good sources for learning about new music. With a 10-year-old and a 12-year-old at home, it’s not too tough for me. I’ve also found a couple of my fitness instructors at my health club to be great sources for new music ideas.

One other item to consider – if you’re a runner, invest in the Nike+ attachment for your Ipod. It keeps track of your runs, pace, distance among other functions. It’s available at most sporting good stores for about $30.

Here’s another post you might want to check out -- http://tinyurl.com/ck9wgv. This is another post from Nicole Nichols that lists the “100 Best Workout Songs of 2008”.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, music can be a powerful motivator. There are some Nike+ workouts that can be purchased through iTunes that have songs designed to work with running. They also have some coached workouts where a soundtrack has been selected to go along with the coaching instruction on the track. They're pretty cool.