Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My New Trick – Yoga

So, you might think yoga is “only for women”, “just not for me” or you might think a lot of things about it.

I promised myself to try it and I’ve been averaging one class a week here for the last few weeks. Let me be the first to tell you that it is really great for a variety of reasons.

First, it’s different than anything else you do fitnesswise. Pilates are probably the closest thing to it. I don’t know how to describe it other than to say you’re working hard, but you’re not sweating or breathing uncomfortably. You’re working hard, yet you’re relaxed. The exercises are quite “out of the box”. Any time you can do something different to change up your routine, it’s a good thing!

Second, yoga is low in impact. The impact involved in yoga is so minimal that it’s a great form of exercise for those who are getting a little older.

Third, the exercises involve a lot of stretching. This is GREAT relief for runners and cyclists.

Yoga classes are available at many health clubs. If you’re not a “health club” person, try a video or the WiiFit.

Read about the 31-Day Yoga challenge at http://carrotsncake.com/31-days-of-yoga.

No comments: